Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
PPOSBC is looking for a full-time opportunity for a Centralized RN Case Management Coordinator in Orange, CA to provide centralized case management of follow up care beyond the scope of practice in accordance with Planned Parenthood regulations with a focus on follow-up care. Monitor follow up of abnormal labs, diagnostic studies, laboratory test results, and external care referrals in accordance with Planned Parenthood regulations and protocols and Board of Registered Nursing. Assist in management and follow-up of high-risk patient cases as requested by the Medical Director. To provide back-up and support for case management functions that must be performed by a licensed nurse, including follow up of all positive lab results assigned to the case management department. Participate in activities related to incident reporting including external reporting to ARMS. Provide support to the clinical staff by receiving calls from patients with clinical concerns, when clinician is not immediately available.
1. Provides standardization of centralized patient case management of abnormal labs
and follow-up for all affiliate centers according to PPFA and PPOSBC’s Medical Standards and guidelines with a focus on STI follow-up. Ensure compliance with PPFA protocols for follow-up.
2. Report incidents through the AIMS reporting system as assigned. Update log of incident reports as entered.
3. Complete quality activities including but not limited to audit, chart reviews, and monthly STI screening rates.
4. Answer health related questions from patients during business hours.
5. Schedule appointments for family planning including but not limited to contraceptives and abortion services as needed
6. Assist in management of high-risk cases including expediting the referral process forhigh-risk cases, assisting the patient in identifying funding for their care, and reviewing and scanning records of evaluations done outside the affiliate.
7. Provide coverage and assistance to other members of the case management team as needed.
8. Maintain electronic logs related to Incident Reporting, triage calls, and STI follow-up.
9. Attend meetings at both on and off-site locations as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned by Director of Quality Management.
11. Required to take after hours call, as needed.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Valid California Registered Nurse’s License
• Current CPR certification
• At least one year of clinical experience required, case management experience preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and EMR (electronic medical record)
• Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable