Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
PPOSBC is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant responsible for administrative duties that support the Communications and Public Affairs Departments in order to achieve agency advocacy, marketing, and communication goals.
1. Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
2. Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the system for addressing client complaints.
3. Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
4. Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
5. Perform the following functions:
• greet patients, answer phones, refer calls, schedule appointments
• prepare charts, check for completeness, errors, signature and appropriate assembly
• input and update computer patient data information accurately.
• maintain patient records
• assess client finances, which may include verifying insurance, health plan authorization, Medi-Cal cards with picture ID, collecting fees per agency guidelines, complete appropriate forms and obtain signatures per agency policy
• collect donations and patient satisfaction surveys per agency guidelines
• complete related financial/statistical paperwork for clients
• monitor clinic flow
6. Schedule appointments for family planning including but not limited to contraceptives and abortion services.
7. Perform clerical and administrative duties, as required by manager.
High school diploma or other education plus experience required.
1-3 years of continued job experience required.
Healthcare or general receptionist experience required.