The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
PPOSBC is looking for a full-time Primary Care Physician to provide quality primary care including exams, treatment, education and counseling for patients in accordance with agency protocols and current guidelines. Assist the Medical Director and Associate Medical Director as a liaison to community physicians and hospitals in Orange and San Bernardino counties. To assist the Medical Director and Associate Medical Director in overseeing high quality care to our patients throughout the affiliate. To travel as assigned to the various clinics throughout Orange or San Bernardino Counties providing Clinician coverage to provide quality patient care including exams, treatment, education and counseling for patients in accordance with agency protocols.
1. Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
2. Provide high quality primary care services, in accordance with agency protocols and current standards of care.
3. Perform physical and gynecological examinations for female patients including review of medical history, screening for abnormalities, and performance and interpretation and/or ordering of laboratory tests.
5. Manage emergency situations as they arise in the health center, and consult with Medical Director and Associate Medical Director as necessary.
6. Provide direct supervision to midlevel providers within the scope of medical expertise and California state law.
7. Provide medical consultation and precepting to clinicians regarding the clinical management of specific patients.
8. Orient new clinicians as requested.
9. Provide telephone consultation to clinicians on evenings and weekends.
10. Document patient data accurately and completely in the medical record.
11. Evaluate and treat medical problems, ensuring follow-up and appropriate referrals as necessary.
12. Participate in a team approach to patient care and deliver care in a professional, confidential and expeditious manner.
13. Participate in a regularly scheduled peer review process, as required.
14. Attend medical meetings, as required.
15. Meet productivity goals of the organization.