Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help us change lives and empower communities through reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Program Specialist responsible for expanding community education outreach programs and delivering quality programs by serving as a liaison between Planned Parenthood and the community of San Bernardino County (including the High Desert Victorville area and San Bernardino City).
Position responsibilities include:
· Perform health education duties for target populations served through the assigned program(s) including developing relationships with collaborative partners such as schools, community-based agencies, youth serving personnel, and other venues
· Assist in the implementation and facilitation of community education programs
· Work with management to develop systems to evaluate program’s effectiveness and revise accordingly
· Conduct scheduled presentations and/or facilitate workshops
· Meet with new and existing clients to identity needs and opportunities for new business in the Fee for Service model
· Work with management to identify program opportunities and areas of improvement
· Ensure compliance with contracts by documenting all aspects of assigned programs and collecting statistical information for grant reporting
· Remain current on pregnancy prevention, STI, and HIV research and information
· Design, implement, and evaluate intervention program, ensuring that program information is accurate and updated with the most recent public health information
· Participate in community and company committees
· Work in conjunction with internal departments to implement new services
· Assist in raising awareness about the Community Education programs and Planned Parenthood services
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education preferred, or education in a related field with 2-3 years experience in human sexuality education, STD/HIV prevention, healthcare setting (client contact), or peer (teen or young adult) sexuality education
Possession of or ability to gain California Family Health Council’s Basic Family Health Worker certification within 3 months of employmen
Experience facilitating training either individually or to groups
History of effectively working with adolescents and adults
Advanced knowledge of reproductive health issues, birth control methods, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS, safer sex practices, and communication/negotiation skills
Expertise in the development and implementation of health education curricula
Availability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends