Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
PPOSBC is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse in our Mission Viejo Health Center to provide family planning, prenatal, and/or abortion services to patients in accordance with Board of Registered Nursing and Planned Parenthood regulations and protocols. Provide quality patient care by providing contraceptive, prenatal and abortion education and assessment. Facilitate referrals to internal and external referral sources.
1. Dispense/Administer medications and contraceptive devices as per physician/clinician or standing orders.
2. Responsible for all aspects of inventory management including ensuring accurate accounting for medications, adequate supplies of drugs and devices and accurate and timely completion of licensed staff check-offs
3. Answer health related patient phone calls during business hours.
4. Manage and monitor Beta Board
5. Provide quality assurance review, assuring adherence to care plan and completeness of records.
6. Monitor lab reconciliation process per policy. Review lab reports and initiate follow-up. Provide laboratory tests as needed, including phlebotomy.
7. Daily performance of controls and completion of control logs for moderate complexity tests: Rh.
8. Provide information and education regarding reproductive health care; family planning, pre-term labor, labor and delivery, breast feeding, postpartum care, abortion procedure (surgical and medical) and discharge instructions.
9. Provide backup for Clinician as appropriate during medical emergencies.
10. Provide minimal visits per RN Standardized Procedures, as approved.
11. Cross-train with Case Management duties.
12. Perform monthly chart audits and complete monthly Licensed Staff Checklist
13. Assist with Medical Assistant training skills and sign-off
14. Meet productivity goals of center.
15. Orient and train new registered nurses upon request.
16. Complete and submit incident report when necessary
17. Provide counseling and assessment for specialty services (i.e. Essure, vasectomy, etc…)
18. Required to take after hours call
• AS/BS in Nursing.
• Current California Nurse License.
• Preferred Two years ambulatory, reproductive health care, prenatal, and/or abortion services.
• Preferred Maternal Child Health (MCH) education, including family planning.